When you arrive at Bella Vista Estate you will be greeted by the warm aroma of fresh baked cookies! Whether you’re staying with us for a family reunion with kids or a mountain wedding, we have WARM cookies waiting for you on a platter when you arrive. Bella Vista co-owner, Abby Schissler, was a pastry chef before acquiring Bella Vista Estate with her husband. She loves sharing her heart with guests through delicious baked goods. Abby makes all of the chocolate chip cookies from scratch for every single guest that visits. She’s been perfecting the recipe for 3+ years. These are going to be the best chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever had!
Bella Vista Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (can use hand held too), cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy – about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time and mix, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- With the stand mixer on low-speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix just until dough comes together.
- Gently mix in chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes (baking time will depend on oven) until edges are golden and the center is still light in color. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to cooling rack.
Looking for a gorgeous retreat space, lodging for a memorable family reunion with kids, or scenic wedding venue? Contact Bella Vista Estate today to discuss rates and availability!