We are spoiled to have so many great restaurants in our little mountain town! There are a plethora of options. To help you navigate where to go so that you won’t be disappointed, here are a few of our favs:
- Mexican = Salt & Lime is located right downtown, and with a rooftop patio, there is no better place for happy hour or just in general, good Mexican food. Salt & Lime is a part of Rex’s Family of Restaurants which are some of the best restaurants in town. They also have a catering division which is one of our favorites for special events on site.
- Apres Ski = Truffle Pig is located on the mountain and has one of the best views and apres ski happy hour specials. Most of the time you’ll get lucky and there will be live music playing at mountain close. There is nothing better than kicking up your feet, (without ski boots), outside by the fire at Truffle Pig.
- Pizza = Mambo Italiano is located downtown on Lincoln Avenue. If you get there before 5:30pm (when happy hour ends) you will be pleasantly surprised with 50% off pizzas and specialty cocktails! The pizzas are wood-fired, with thin crust, and have a unique twist of flavor combinations.
- Brewery = Mountain Tap Brewery is the place to go for beers and appetizers with a great atmosphere any time of year! The advantage to summer is that all of their windows are garage doors that roll up and so you feel like you are outside. My personal favorite beer of theirs is the Mountain Macaroon. Try it- you won’t be disappointed!
- Steakhouse = Ore House is one of the oldest restaurants in Steamboat and is still one of the best! All of their steaks are cut by hand, in house, and you can taste the love and care that they put into their food preparation. The building itself is a converted barn from 1889 and a lot of the decor inside is from the original operating cattle ranch. Pretty cool!